Skip to main content

Today I Laughed

Today, I laughed,
When you've hidden for so long
behind layers of my plastic smile
Laughter is a foreign language
With accents too hard for the tongue.

Today, I laughed,
At myself,
Falling over myself,
Trying desperately to get your attention
While you, struggled not to laugh
At the awkwardness of my effort,
My ego, unimpressed watched,
And still you didn't laugh.

Today, I laugh,
For the first time in forever,
Uninhibited,
Childlike,
And as it echoed in the emptiness of my torso,
I felt walls I didn't know I had built,
Come crumbling down.

Today, I laughed,
It was like speaking a dead language,
It felt scholastic, poetic,
Like deciphering hieroglyphic riddles
Etched on your brows as you struggled not to laugh,
Like finding secret meanings in you.

Today, I laughed,
For the first time in forever,
And I'd rather not wait another eternity
So excuse my awkwardness and sit by me

*****March 21, 2016*****

Popular posts from this blog

Bedtime Epiphany of a Pining Heart

Tonight,
I contemplated
On things that were and were not,
On why
Light retracts different, in your eyes,
Like rainbows randomly ricocheting
Off my intangible thoughts,
Spellbinding...

On why,
Words sound different, on your lips,
How you laugh,
How the sounds take a path,
Across infinite dreams,
Into all my incarnations,
Into all my iterations,
Into all...

Tonight,
I concluded
You are a figment
of my imagination,
You must be...

For
God is not so cruel
That he made a Heaven like you
Then condemned me
To the Hell of perpetual longing
Wanting, and never belonging...

*****September 14, 2016*****


God is My Barber

The sickness that made the Vulture bald
would have killed the Crow.

It is because
the gods are petty
and would not be questioned
about who they show favor to,
That Crows live to,
Squawk hysterically
At Vultures' misfortune.

We have come to understand, that,
when a petty god is your barber,
Crows, who can't afford a razor,
with their benevolent destinies,
will punctuate our precious peace
with their shameless snickering.

but
the Vulture
neither
pays any mind
nor
wages a war of words
with mockers and scoffers;
for the cure for baldness
is not found in the laughter of Crows...

*****April 4, 2017*****

http://morganes-photographe.deviantart.com/
My Second poem about Vultures. I really need to stop this...😂😂😂

The Vulture

In times of famine,
The Vulture does not eat grass.
When Leopards are lean
because antelopes nowhere to be seen
The Vulture sits and watches,
Waiting...

Those who mocked his baldness
Will do well to remember
None has seen the Vulture's corpse
And he is secure in the knowledge that none will.

So,
when it rains
And they mock him
For having no nest still,
He holds his peace,
Watching...
For the Vulture, he's a patient animal.

The Vulture is not vindictive,
Those who mocked will die,
Those who didn't will die,
It matters not.
For when carcasses lay ripe
The Vulture does not ask
If his feast was once friend or foe

*****February 1, 2016*****