Skip to main content

There Will be a Sad Song


There will be a sad song,
A song of Princes and frogs,
It shall go on and on, it shan't end,
There will be a sad, sad song,
And it will be a song of ashes and dust,
Of shock sacrileges sang so slowly.


There will be a sad song,
And it won't be long,
It will sing of tragedies,
Broken hearts,
Lonely souls,
It will sing of shattered dreams
And we'll all soulfully sing along.


There will be a sad song,
A song that would scar frozen hearts.


We shall sing a sad song,
A song that shall move me to tears
And all my shed and unshed tears
Shan't make me feel any better
But I shall shed them anyway,
For it shall be a sad song indeed.


There shall be a song,
And it shan't be about Arabian perfume,
It shan't be about fields of gold,
It shan't even be about Venus' eternal beauty,
It shall be tragic, soulful, sad, very sad.


There shall be,
A song,
A tragedy,
A Greek tale of fallen heroes,

Of Achilles,
Of Heracles,
Of demigods and the underworld,
And the ferryman that helps us cross the Styx.


There shall be,
Oh, there shall be a sad song,
And Pan shall play it on his flute.


There will be a sad song,
And it would echo eternal in my heart,
it would move me to tears,
And I shall sing along,
Of yesterday the today that never was,
Of all the sorries that could have been,
Of all the hearts that do bleed,
And my voice would make it sadder.


There will be a sad song,
About,
The stainless steel of the executioner,
And when you smote my heart what did I loose,
A veneer of vanity,
A vexation vanishing before my verdict.


There would be a sad song,
It shall be a song of you and I,
I'll sing along,
And it shall thaw my icy heart,
And my headstrong heart shall know it was wrong,
Healing my heather to hell hounded heart.


There shall be a sad song,
And it will be called me,
A tribute to the traitor that thumps in my torso.


*****December 8, 2008*****


This is one of my old poems, an apology to someone very dear to me


Popular posts from this blog

Bedtime Epiphany of a Pining Heart

Tonight,
I contemplated
On things that were and were not,
On why
Light retracts different, in your eyes,
Like rainbows randomly ricocheting
Off my intangible thoughts,
Spellbinding...

On why,
Words sound different, on your lips,
How you laugh,
How the sounds take a path,
Across infinite dreams,
Into all my incarnations,
Into all my iterations,
Into all...

Tonight,
I concluded
You are a figment
of my imagination,
You must be...

For
God is not so cruel
That he made a Heaven like you
Then condemned me
To the Hell of perpetual longing
Wanting, and never belonging...

*****September 14, 2016*****


God is My Barber

The sickness that made the Vulture bald
would have killed the Crow.

It is because
the gods are petty
and would not be questioned
about who they show favor to,
That Crows live to,
Squawk hysterically
At Vultures' misfortune.

We have come to understand, that,
when a petty god is your barber,
Crows, who can't afford a razor,
with their benevolent destinies,
will punctuate our precious peace
with their shameless snickering.

but
the Vulture
neither
pays any mind
nor
wages a war of words
with mockers and scoffers;
for the cure for baldness
is not found in the laughter of Crows...

*****April 4, 2017*****

http://morganes-photographe.deviantart.com/
My Second poem about Vultures. I really need to stop this...😂😂😂

The Vulture

In times of famine,
The Vulture does not eat grass.
When Leopards are lean
because antelopes nowhere to be seen
The Vulture sits and watches,
Waiting...

Those who mocked his baldness
Will do well to remember
None has seen the Vulture's corpse
And he is secure in the knowledge that none will.

So,
when it rains
And they mock him
For having no nest still,
He holds his peace,
Watching...
For the Vulture, he's a patient animal.

The Vulture is not vindictive,
Those who mocked will die,
Those who didn't will die,
It matters not.
For when carcasses lay ripe
The Vulture does not ask
If his feast was once friend or foe

*****February 1, 2016*****